Table of Contents
- Show or hide more information with the click of a button
- Slide through a carousel of images on the homepage
- Zooming in or zooming out on an image
- Using a drop-down hamburger menu
- Playing audio and video on a web page
- … and much more
- If your website is totally irrelevant – users will leave fast and never return (high bounce rate, low retention)
- If a user clicks on your website and you solve his problem, the user will not click on other search results. This is a signal to google that you have fulfilled the search intent.
- The user might remember that you have solved his problem and google your website name next time (increase in branded traffic, high retention rate, increases sessions per user)
- If your website is good, users might share your article on social media (good)
- If your website is good, users might talk to their friends about it who then will google your website (good)
Some websites import a lot of third-party JS libraries. You can see all the imported third-party libraries when you click on Treemap at dev.web.pagespeed. Asynchroneseouly loading third-party libraries can be a quick fix to improve the page speed.